Sunday, April 12, 2009

Last Week, Palm Springs & Easter

Last Saturday Landon was invited to his friend Kai's birthday party at Bouncy Place. He HATED it at first, but eventually warmed up to it after 45 minutes.
Notice Landon's face, he's totally fussing.
This is one of my favorite pictures...he's such a little sweetheart!
Last week Landon and I joined my parents and sisters in Palm Springs for their spring break. We had a great time. We got there early morning on Tuesday and we hit the pool right away. I love this picture...he looks so funny and reminds me of a Teddy Graham for some reason...Me and my baby sister Emma...who's totally not a baby anymore...but I still think she's 8 years old (she's actually 16 now). I'm never going to let her grow up ;)Some family friends, the Wallises, came over for the day and evening and brought Landon a life jacket and a little golf set.
Landon and Papa Dirt...they are such buddies!
They're so sweet. On Wednesday we went to the airport to pick up Aunt Beta (my sister Rebecca) and then we went to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch. Landon LOVED it! He was so amazed by the fish tanks and the "realistic" animals. We sat by the gorillas and Landon would get really excited when they came to life.
My sister Rachel's best friend Lawranne from growing up. We bumped into her after eating at the Rainforest Cafe...how random is that.We went on walks on the golf course and Landon loved catching the players off guard with his squealing. Future pro-golfer...I think my dad was in heaven.Landon kept doing this thing where he'd walk around with his hands behind his back...it was hilarious!We found this lemon off a lemon tree on our walk...it was practically the size of Landon's head. I'd never seen such big lemons!!!We went in the pool and then after a little while Landon got out and decided to go over to the spa tub with my dad. He was standing on the first step and I told my dad that he needed to hold onto his hand or something because he would end up falling in. My dad was busy on his Blackberry. The bubbles turned on and the blue floating thing that holds the chlorine started going around the tub and Landon was determined to catch it. He reached out when it got close to him and, of course, fell in. He was in there for about 5 seconds...but it felt like forever and my dad jumped in, slacks and all, and pulled him out. I was at the other end of the yard, so I wasn't able to jump in after him. It was a little scary, but he was fine.
Landon and his M&M face. He loves those things.
Later that evening we went out to dinner at this place called the Jackal. I think that's what it was called. Then we went home and watched The Office. We did a little bit of shopping and went out again on Friday to Hog's Breath...Clint Eastwood's restaurant. Landon was acting like a pill the entire time.
Landon and Aunt Beta
That night my parents and sisters went to the airport to go home because they had a flight at 1am. Landon and I stayed at the condo because our flight wasn't until 10:20am the next morning and I got a cab to go to the airport. It was so weird because we had the air conditioning going in the house but that night heat started blowing in my room. Landon had to sleep with me in my bed because my parents took the Pack n' Play home with them. He just kept moving around and was so warm. So I took his pajamas off to see if that would help and he just slept in his onesie. He woke up about every hour and was just so hot and I decided to move us out to the couch because I thought it might help being in the AC. It still didn't help. I was so worried that he had a fever because he wasn't cooling down. I usually keep infant Tylenol in the diaper bag, but I didn't have any on me this time. I couldn't go to the store to get some because I didn't have a car, so I just prayed that his body temperature would go down. I swear I got about 3 hours of sleep that night because I was worrying so much. The next morning I thought he was fine because he was in good spirits. We got on the plane and he slept for the first 2 hours of the flight. The last 45 minutes was very frustrating because he was whining and fussing and when I'd give him something to try to make him happy, he'd just throw it on the floor. Ben came and got us and I asked him to bring Tylenol. It had been in his system for about 40 minutes by the time we got home and I took his temperature and it was 101.6 degrees. Later that night, after the Tylenol had worn off, I took his temp again and it was 103.2 degrees. I felt so bad for him.


I decided to make a fondant cake for Easter when I got home from Palm Springs, to take over to my in-law's house. It's the first one that I've ever made using marshmellow fondant, but I think it turned out pretty well, considering it was my first one. I thought it was going to take all night to make but it only took about 2.5-3 hours. That was including making the actual cake, the frosting, and cooling and dying the fondant. It was really fun and I can't wait to make another one.

Easter morning came and the Easter Bunny had visited Landon ;) He had his first own little egg hunt and it was so cute to watch. I got it all on video which you can check out below.

4 comments:

PJ and Rachell said...

You did such an awesome job on the cake. No one would know it was your first. I'm sorry I'm such a lame friend... our family was sick for about a month... bronchitis, phnemonia, flu... it was crazy. Anyways, I completely forgot about getting back to you :(.
You really did do a great job, and I would still love to get together and show you any tricks if you're still interested.

beck said...

That cake is so cute! You need to post directions because I want to make one!

And you are looking gorgeous in the pictures and super skinny! Just thought I would let you know!

Becky

Johnny & Alli said...

Really? Palm Springs? I live in Everett. Know where I vacation? Redmond! :)
Looks like you had fun. That cake is awesome! Did you take a cake decorating class? Maybe WHEN we hang out you can teach me how to make cute cakes like that.
We miss you guys. Can we hang out someday soon?

Crin said...

your vacation looks like it was so fun! i can't wait for summer weather. cute cake too.