Thursday, May 21, 2009

16 Months!!!



Landon is now 16 months and learning more everyday. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but his favorite thing to say right now is "NO!" I wish I knew a way to make it stop. He's getting a lot of attitude...and I have no idea where he gets that from ;) I love how independent he is getting, but it does make it hard sometimes. I love this little buddy of mine...besides Ben, the love of my life, Landon is my best friend.
Landon loves it when we chant "Too cool for school! Too cool for school!" while he has his sunglasses on (actually, that's the only way he'll keep them on)

Latest Words:"Car!" as he points to EVERY car that we see while we're in our own car. "Pizza", "Toe", "Baa Baa", "Quack Quack", "Moo Moo", "Cup", "Sutton" (the name of his little buddy who's 2 weeks younger than him), "Hot", "Gorilla", "dog", he does the signs for "please" and "sorry" and "twinkle twinkle little star", saying "shhh" with his finger up to his mouth.

Favorite Things: His new Hotwheels cars. The coffee pot from the kitchen set (which is funny because Ben and I both don't drink coffee). His stuffed gorilla "Go Go" that grunts when you sqeeze it's tummy. Shoes that are not his. Anything that looks like a ball.

Favorite Foods: Lil' Crunchies, String cheese, Pasta pickups, Raviolis with Alfredo sauce, Mashed potatoes, Special K with Strawberries cereal. Pretty much anything that Mom is eating, he wants to have shared with him (I think it's too cute, cause I kinda do the same thing to Ben).

Dislikes: Getting his diaper changed...still. Being put in his carseat. Most foods that have little chunks in them. For example, spaghetti-o's with little chunks of meatball, or mashed potatoes with corn in it. When momm or daddy leaves to go work out.

Accomplishments: Getting himself up into a big chair at the table. Picking up after himself. Walking up and down stairs without the assistance of Mom or Dad. Going down the BIG slides on his own. Throwing the little football with one hand. Catching the ball.

Highs: Running to the park behind our house. Trying to "tickle" me. Playing "tug a war" with a t-shirt or blanket. Running around the house in only his diaper.

Lows: Teething, when his nap is cut short, when he pouts after being put in his carseat.

Tender Moments: When he pats me on the back while he's hugging me. When I take him out of the car after he's fallen asleep and he lays on my shoulder. When he's done with his bottle and hands it to me and says "tee too"....really if I give him anything and he says "tee too" (which he does almost every time...I LOVE it!)

Here are a few videos of him as well.

No comments: