Friday, May 8, 2009

My Birthday & 2nd Mother's Day

This year I was surprised when I came down stairs to make Landon a bottle and found this on the kitchen counter. Ben had gotten me a dozen roses and 3 Disney DVDs. One of them I had been looking for forever. It was Mickey & the Beanstalk on DVD and the original finally came out recently and we spotted it at Costco. I grew up watching that movie...almost every day. I wanted it so that Landon could have it to grow up watching, just like I did. But Ben wouldn't let me get it because he said it was a "want", not a "need." Little did I know that he just said that so that he could throw me off so I didn't suspect anything... I had the biggest smile on my face when I saw them laying out on the counter. The icing on the cake was the card that Landon made for me, with a little bit of Daddy's help. They made it while I was at Mutual/Youth Group, and I totally didn't suspect that they had even put anything together. Honestly, it was one of the best birthdays that I've woken up to.
This was the project that we made for our mothers for Mothers day at Mutual...


Then on Saturday Ben made me french toast, which happens to be my favorite breakfast. I don't have it that often because its so unhealthy, but it was AWESOME for my birthday. We walked around our neighborhood because they were having the big Lakeland garage sales and I found a couple things for Landon. I got 2 shirts and 2 pants for him for $3, 7 Clifford the Big Red Dog books for $1, and the best of all...I found Landon a bike for $5!!! That was the best deal! Then we had everything packed up to go to Dash Point, but we didn't end up going because we didn't have enough time.

Ben had told me that he was going to take me somewhere on Saturday, but I had no clue where. Landon took a nap on the way up to the Eastside. I fell asleep in the car too and I woke up just as we passed the sign to Ferrel McWarder Park. I was SOOO excited!

I grew up going to that park as a kid. My mom would take me and my sisters there occasionally. There are farm animals and sometimes they even had baby animals there too. Landon had a great time there. According to him, every animals said "Baa" (like a sheep/goat).

Ben taught Landon how to blow Dandilion puffs...sometimes he got the seeds in his mouth...but the funniest part was that he'd say "bubbles" after the seeds would blow off.



Landon decided that he was too tired to walk and took a nap in the middle of the trail..haha.
Then we drove by the old house that I used to live in until I was 6 years old. And then he took me to Theno's Dairy, which my mom took me to get ice cream or a candy every now and then. It was the best birthday/mother's day weekend I've had in a long time. Ben never does things like this for me. He DEFINITELY did an awesome job! I was VERY proud of him :) We ended the day by going to my favorite restaurant, California Pizza Kitchen, and hung out with our friend Aaron too while Grandma and Grandpa babysat Landon.
We went to church on Mother's day and Landon had the cutest outfit on...at least I thought it was cute (except for the fact that his shoes didn't match that well). Ben thought Landon looked stupid in it...but it was my day, so I wanted him to wear that ;) Then we went over to Ben's parent's house where Ben and his dad made us dinner. All in all, it was a great week/weekend!

No comments: