Monday, September 7, 2009

SURPRISE!!!



Its official. Another little one is coming to our family. We actually found out about a month ago, but we've just been keeping it a secret. This little spirit is due to enter the world on April 10, 2010, and I say, "perfect timing." Mainly because I won't be pregnant in the summer and he/she will be born really close to when the flu season is over.

We were hesitant to come out with the news of course because of the whole risk of a miscarriage. We already had a scare almost 2 weeks ago where I started bleeding, but I didn't have any cramping. This started on a Thursday night. The bleeding stopped on Friday but then started up again in the middle of the night on Saturday when I woke up sweating like I had just ran a marathon. I thought for sure that the pregnancy was over. I had an appointment that Monday and Ben and Landon came with. Landon was VERY well behaved. I'm seeing a group of midwives this time because my Dr. at Evergreen left and now I'm going to a closer hospital. So I saw a midwife on Monday and she was VERY nice. She asked me if we could try finding a heartbeat with the Doppler and if we don't, then she'd order an ultrasound. She immediately found a REALLY STRONG and healthy heartbeat with the doppler, which was very comforting. I was only 8 weeks along and she said the reason she was able to find it was because my pelvis tilts forward. She also said that she could see where I had been bleeding and that it was probably a blood clot from the placenta starting to form. She said that its actually pretty common for women to bleed in the first three months.

Anyway, other than that, things have been going well. I've been more sick than I was with Landon, which makes Ben think its a girl this time. But I told him that just because I feel different, doesn't mean that the sex of the baby is different. I really don't mind either way. I just want the first trimester symptoms to go away.

8 comments:

Taryn said...

AWWWW ConGRatS!!! I'm so happy for you guys! I know you have been wanting to have another and I'm really excited for you. I hope you don't get too sick and that pregnancy goes well. Love ya! You make beautiful children!

rkdines said...

Congrats Sarah! How exciting!! Good luck with everything! I am thinking pink is in your future:) I hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! The first trimester is hard, but try to be grateful for them (especially with your scare) because it means your baby is still thriving and growing. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know you mentioned that you wanted another baby when I saw you. Mine is here now and yours is coming. How fun!

Melissa said...

Congratulations again! I'm very excited for you guys

Jschmalle said...

Congrats again! Hope you feel better with this pregnancy. At least after the first trimester :)

Sabrina said...

im so happy for you!!! I can't wait to meet this little one. I can't wait for dominic to be old enough so we can start thinking about a little sister for him :)

Molly and Jay said...

Yay for babies! Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! Landon is going to make the cutest big brother!