Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Starting Our Blog

So I guess this is my first attempt at "blogging." I have a MySpace, but everyone keeps telling me I need to start a Blog. So here it is. Its just so weird for me to write about myself...well, hopefully I'll be writing more about our little family than just myself ;)

Anyway, here is a quick update of our lives right now. I currently work for PricewaterhouseCoopers as an auditor and have been doing that for the past two years. Ben is still working for Expeditors International of Washington (an import/export company). We just bought our first house! YAY! It is in south Auburn, but the neighborhood looks a lot like Klahanee did when it started. Here's a picture of our house below.


We are also expecting our first baby! IT'S A BOY! He is due January 11, 2008 and his name will be Landon Troy Shepherd. Troy is Ben's middle name :) We are so excited for his arrival. It's been an interesting experience. I am currently 28 weeks along, so I'm into my 3rd trimester.

I had it pretty easy in the beginning. Not much throwing up, although I was nauseous almost all of the time. The second trimester was pretty easy too. Towards the end I started suffering from acid reflux, which apparently is really common at this stage. That has brought along vomiting (which I'm sure you all love to hear about, hehe) and just a really uncomfortable feeling after I eat. He's really been kicking a lot, but he still has yet to wake me up in the middle of the night by his powerful punches. This morning I did feel him kick me in the ribs, which was a really odd feeling, since I've never been kicked in the ribs before. I've had a couple contractions already which has been really scary considering how early it is for me to be having contractions. But everything is good right now.

So that's the current update :)

3 comments:

Taryn said...

YAY!! Welcome to the addicting and fun world of blogging! I think I like it better than Myspace because you can add a lot more detail and you don't feel like you are rambling all about your life... you're supposed to! :) Love the house, so excited for little Landon, he will be adorable. Next time you are in town, let me know - lets hand out.

manders said...

Congrats on joining the blogging world. I knew I could talk you into it. Good job. Sorry your having reflux problems still grrr. I know its weird I have also had a few contractions lately but last time I thought they were they were just the baby moving into different spots which put pressure on my body so who knows. I am so excited for Landon and Trey to meet eachother. Just think only a few days apart. Yay!!!
Luv ya

Charis said...

Hey Sarah - I am a huge fan of blogging (more so than myspace) so I am glad you were convinced... but your 1st post is missing something - pictures of your pregnant self :-) Glad to hear things are going well.... Such exciting times await you both!!! Welcome to Blogging.....